We are looking for volunteers to help care for at our small private rescue center located on 1 acre in San Ramon, Alajuela. The priority is to provide for the safety and well-being of 40+ parrots.
Other tasks might include:
• Transport birds to the vet in Heredia (one hour away from the rescue)
• Cleaning carriers between uses.
• Occasional handfeeding of babies, sick/injured birds.
• Cleaning and tidying workspaces such as kitchen area and sidewalks.
• You will work in and around free-flying uncaged parrots inside and outside an aviary. They are social animals and might land on you. They may nip. It can be a busy, variable, and sometimes loud work environment.
• Noise associated with parrot squawking, chirping and flying.
• Must be able to bend, squat, kneel, push, pull, and walk on uneven surfaces;
• Must be able to work outside in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind and heat)
What to bring:
Clothes that might get ruined.
Shift 1 9a.m. - 12p.m.
Rake aviaries, scrub feeding stations and perches.
Change water bowls
Prepare lunch and feed the parrots.
Shift 2 1p.m. - 4p.m.
Collect and distribute tree branches into all aviaries for enrichment
Replace bird perches,
Rake aviaries, scrub feeding stations/perches
Replace old perches with constructed new perches.